Tim O’Brien DDS, MD
BOARD CERTIFIED ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON
Dr. O’Brien is from Reno, Nevada and attended the University of Nevada where he graduated from the Honors College with Latin distinction. After his undergraduate studies he attended the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry, from which he received the Doctor of Dental Surgery degree (DDS).
Dr. O’Brien then completed a 6-year residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Alabama, Birmingham and obtained a Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) at the UAB School of Medicine, which consistently ranks in the top 20% of all medical schools.
Dr. O’Brien has expertise in all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery including dental implants, complex tooth extractions, corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma repair, and the delivery of general anesthesia.
Dr. O’Brien is the only oral surgeon on staff at the Veterans Affairs Hospital and is proud to take care of our country’s veterans.
ACTIVE MEMBER OF:
- Southwest Idaho Dental Society
- Idaho State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Idaho Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Fellow)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Diplomat)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS HELD
- Idaho Dental License
- Idaho Medical License
- Idaho General Anesthesia Permit
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Certifications
- Active Staff Privileges in the St. Alphonsus, St. Luke’s, and Veterans Affairs Hospital Systems
After completing his residency, Dr. O’Brien practiced oral and maxillofacial surgery in Alabama until moving to Idaho in 2019. He and his family are thrilled to be in Idaho; in their spare time Dr. O’Brien and his wife, Brittany, enjoy running, skiing, golf, water sports, and being in the outdoors with their three daughters.